POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:41:20 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10 (Message 21 to 30 of 36)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10
Date: 29 Jul 2021 08:54:35
Message: <6102a50b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.07.2021 um 13:45 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> Supposing the SDL:
>

> And the 'date' command on my Ubuntu 20.04 computer returning:
>

> The v3.8 branch returns:
>

> The povr branch returns:
>

> Bill P.

Oh hooray.

So, after some digging, it turns out that on Linux machines,
`boost::posix_time::microsec_clock::universal_time()` does specifically
*NOT* do what it was designed to do (at least with the boost version
we're bundling for Windows builds).

> (*) The -100000 days is somewhat arbitrary. Just needs to be earlier
> than the unix epoch time to trigger the dst aware mode.

I have no idea what you're saying there. What do you need to trigger,
and why?

Post a reply to this message