POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Question concerning "Illegal character" Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Question concerning "Illegal character" (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ThH
Subject: Question concerning "Illegal character"
Date: 9 Feb 2017 08:43:04
Message: <589c71e8$1@news.povray.org>
File 'A_Scene.pov' line 34: Parse Error: Illegal character in input file,
  value is c2.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

My Question:

How hard would it be to make this more verbose?

Something like in addition print the line with the illegal character marked.

Here is the line of code povray is complaining about:

    object { Special_Box(<0,0,0>,<-1,1,1>,.25,.1) translate x*1 }

--
Thorsten aka ThH

Post a reply to this message