POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:07:53 EDT (-0400)
  3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts
Date: 13 Dec 2012 08:48:44
Message: <50c9dcbc$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.12.2012 08:52, schrieb clipka:
> Am 13.12.2012 00:24, schrieb clipka:
>
>> Apparently the problems are related to the -ffast-math compiler option;
>> I'll try whether turning that off will help.
>
> Well, no, not really. No success, except that now the color of the
> artifacts is inverted.

Turning off /all/ optimizations does give the expected results. I don't
consider this an option though, so I guess we'll have to wait for
feedback from the raspbian team.

Post a reply to this message

From: calhjh
Date: 1 Feb 2013 11:20:00
Message: <web.510bea029e469a3b2a14c2740@news.povray.org>
> Am 13.12.2012 08:52, schrieb clipka:
> > Am 13.12.2012 00:24, schrieb clipka:
> >
> >> Apparently the problems are related to the -ffast-math compiler option;
> >> I'll try whether turning that off will help.
> >
> > Well, no, not really. No success, except that now the color of the
> > artifacts is inverted.
>
> Turning off /all/ optimizations does give the expected results. I don't
> consider this an option though, so I guess we'll have to wait for
> feedback from the raspbian team.

I just compiled 3.6 on the Raspberry Pi and it has the same issues.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Well, no, not really. No success, except that now the color of the
>>> artifacts is inverted.
>>
>> Turning off /all/ optimizations does give the expected results. I don't
>> consider this an option though, so I guess we'll have to wait for
>> feedback from the raspbian team.
>
> I just compiled 3.6 on the Raspberry Pi and it has the same issues.

I would have expected that. The Pi seems to have a general problem with
denormalized (i.e. very small) single-precision floating point values.

Post a reply to this message