POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Test of RC4 Windows installer Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Test of RC4 Windows installer (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: B  Gimeno
Subject: Re: Test of RC4 Windows installer
Date: 10 Feb 2012 14:25:01
Message: <web.4f356e7677171afc51f818f50@news.povray.org>
> I think there should be an uninstall link

uninstall pov-ray? blasphemy!

B.Gimeno

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 10 Feb 2012 17:17:20
Message: <4f359770$1@news.povray.org>
Le 10/02/2012 20:22, B. Gimeno nous fit lire :

>> I think there should be an uninstall link
>
> uninstall pov-ray? blasphemy!

Indeed.

More seriously, clobbering the menu of MS-* with 1 uninstall icon/entry
per installed program has a very bad effect on reactivity of the menu,
(nearly doubling the number of I/O when computing the menu, for no real
benefit, as that shortcut is not gonna be used very often)
so current recommendation is to NOT add an uninstall shortcut and let
the removal being handled by the Parameters/ sub panel.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Post a reply to this message