POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POVwin beta Search>Replace crashes randomly Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:47 EDT (-0400)
  POVwin beta Search>Replace crashes randomly (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: POVwin beta Search>Replace crashes randomly
Date: 14 Nov 2008 01:25:01
Message: <491d19bd$1@news.povray.org>
I looked to see if this was ever talked about here and didn't find any
relative message posts.

Haven't been able to duplicate the crash but it has happened with different
files opened in the (POV for Windows) editor.

Sometimes the program can be restarted and doing the same Search>Replace on
a section of text will result in the same crash, while other times it
completes without a crash.

I thought maybe other people reading here might have random program crashes
while attempting Search>Replace in the editor but couldn't duplicate it
either and were not sure it was anything to report. If you have, please
tell.  :^)

It might only be larger files (100's of lines), or files connected with
others (inc). But it's so random I couldn't say with any certainty if it
hasn't happened in a single open small pov file simply because most times I
use Search>Replace it's with larger files.

Windows Vista, AMD Turion 64 X2, 2GB memory

Bob H.