POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Source code status Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Source code status (Message 11 to 20 of 27)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Source code status
Date: 10 Feb 2008 21:14:11
Message: <47afaf73$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
>> I presume no-one had problems with this EXE?
>
> I'd be glad to be of any help, but I'm running Linux.

no problem, there have been a few folks who did download it, and I guess no
news is good news :/

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: omniverse
Date: 10 Feb 2008 23:45:00
Message: <web.47afd257ce3b77caaaacc8f30@news.povray.org>
> I presume no-one had problems with this EXE?

I'm probably too late but I just found the Tools menu empty and couldn't get
"reloaded" until I moved the pvtools.ini to the location being asked for.
Here's what the messages said, before and after:

Loaded 0 tools from C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\POV-Ray for Windows\pvtools.ini
into Tool Menu.
Loaded 8 tools from C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\POV-Ray for Windows\pvtools.ini
into Tool Menu.

So I'm not sure if this was a problem or something unfinished or...?

I did the pvengine /install from a command line and that seemed to do what was
intended. Have the 3.7 registry entries. What I had done was to create a
duplicate folder renamed POV-Ray for Windows v3.7, containing everything from
the v3.6 folder.

Also renamed the help file as suggested and it works, too.

Post a reply to this message