POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POvray 3.7 Beta 21 (Win) bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  POvray 3.7 Beta 21 (Win) bug (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Simon
Subject: POvray 3.7 Beta 21 (Win) bug
Date: 4 Jun 2007 03:15:47
Message: <4663bc23$1@news.povray.org>
Afternoon all,

I'#ve been playing with the new Beta and have found a bug. I assume this is
where I post it...

When starting/stopping a render repeatedly, POVray gets confused and
although the menu button says "Run", clicking it does not start rendering
again - it just "clicks" and nothing happens. Closing/re-opening POV fixes
the problem. I am on a dual-core PC so I'd guess it's something to do with
the thread control. Status at the top-right says "Idle". I'm in the middle
of a long render (2 days so far) so don't want to mess with it too much, but
will gladly try to re-create if you need other info - Please just let me
know what would help

Thanks for an amazing program!

Simon

Post a reply to this message

> When starting/stopping a render repeatedly, POVray gets confused and
> although the menu button says "Run", clicking it does not start rendering
> again - it just "clicks" and nothing happens. Closing/re-opening POV fixes
> the problem. I am on a dual-core PC so I'd guess it's something to do with
> the thread control. Status at the top-right says "Idle". I'm in the middle
> of a long render (2 days so far) so don't want to mess with it too much, but
> will gladly try to re-create if you need other info - Please just let me
> know what would help

I think it has been reported before. Not so bad that you re-posted, if
it hasn't been fixed yet! :)

Post a reply to this message

>> When starting/stopping a render repeatedly, POVray gets confused and
>> although the menu button says "Run", clicking it does not start rendering
>> again - it just "clicks" and nothing happens. Closing/re-opening POV fixes
>> the problem. I am on a dual-core PC so I'd guess it's something to do with
>> the thread control. Status at the top-right says "Idle". I'm in the middle
>> of a long render (2 days so far) so don't want to mess with it too much, but
>> will gladly try to re-create if you need other info - Please just let me
>> know what would help
>>

> I think it has been reported before. Not so bad that you re-posted, if
> it hasn't been fixed yet! :)

I can't seem to replicate this.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message