POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : uv_mapping, radiosity and mesh Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  uv_mapping, radiosity and mesh (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Zoly
Subject: uv_mapping, radiosity and mesh
Date: 6 Apr 2007 17:30:59
Message: <4616bc13$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have got a problem with uv_mapping in mesh objects that I thought that
could be fixed with the fix to uv_mapping recently reported and fixed in the
20a beta. But now I realized that probably they are not related as my
problem is still there.

The problem arises in an scene where I have a vault made with mesh objects
and where I apply a 'brick' pigment using uv_mapping to correctly apply the
bricks.

In 3.6 it works perfect but in 3.7 the brick pigment becomes somehow
semitransparent or takes any property that makes much brighter the complete
scene. I am only using an external light source and the camera is inside the
vaulted room. With 3.7, the room is much brighter than with 3.6  and takes a
color similar to the sky, except if I remove the keyword 'uv_mapping' or if
I remove the radiosity.

I am attaching a simplified scene that reproduces the problem. There is a
macro that creates on the fly the mesh object for the vault following the
mathematical definition of its geometry. The macro is not important (I
guess) for this issue.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Zoly.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Vaults.zip' (2 KB)

> In 3.6 it works perfect but in 3.7 the brick pigment becomes somehow
> semitransparent or takes any property that makes much brighter the complete
> scene. I am only using an external light source and the camera is inside the
> vaulted room. With 3.7, the room is much brighter than with 3.6  and takes a
> color similar to the sky, except if I remove the keyword 'uv_mapping' or if
> I remove the radiosity.
>
> I am attaching a simplified scene that reproduces the problem. There is a
> macro that creates on the fly the mesh object for the vault following the
> mathematical definition of its geometry. The macro is not important (I
> guess) for this issue.

Thanks for the report; I can confirm that there is an issue. We will
investigate it.

regards,

-- Chris