POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SDL Highlighting Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  SDL Highlighting (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Chambers
Subject: SDL Highlighting
Date: 28 Mar 2007 12:37:01
Message: <460aa7bd$1@news.povray.org>
I know that new files are not always detected as POV files (in fact, on
my system, they never are); however, would it be possible that, when you
save a file as a POV scene, this is detected and the highlighting kicks in?

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> I know that new files are not always detected as POV files (in fact, on
> my system, they never are); however, would it be possible that, when you
> save a file as a POV scene, this is detected and the highlighting kicks in?

  I have never seen winpov behave in any other way than that when I save
a new file for the first time as something.pov, the highlighting is turned
on. Do you mean that in your case it's not always so?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> I know that new files are not always detected as POV files (in fact, on
> my system, they never are); however, would it be possible that, when you
> save a file as a POV scene, this is detected and the highlighting kicks in?

To this date I have not been able to replicate this problem reliably,
though it's clear that it does happen due to the number of reports that it
does. It is on my 'to do' list though.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht

>  I have never seen winpov behave in any other way than that when I save
> a new file for the first time as something.pov, the highlighting is turned
> on. Do you mean that in your case it's not always so?

Yes, that is exactly what happens in 3.7, also in my case. Closing the file
and re-opening it again from the file list doesn't help either. I have to
open it from the directory itself before highlighting kicks in.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> I know that new files are not always detected as POV files (in fact, on
>> my system, they never are); however, would it be possible that, when you
>> save a file as a POV scene, this is detected and the highlighting kicks in?
>
>   I have never seen winpov behave in any other way than that when I save
> a new file for the first time as something.pov, the highlighting is turned
> on. Do you mean that in your case it's not always so?

Actually, in my case it's always so.

The only way to get syntax highlighting to kick in automatically is if I
open a saved file.  So what I usually end up doing is to create a new
file, save it, close it, and load it.  I've tried various combinations
of different actions, but this works 100% every time, and nothing else
seems to ever work.

Chris: Since you've never been able to replicate this, it might have
something to do with the tools you use to develop POV with (ie, maybe I
have an out of date DLL somewhere, or something along those lines).

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message