POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linux Beta 19a x86_64: 1 thread busy after completing Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Beta 19a x86_64: 1 thread busy after completing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Linux Beta 19a x86_64: 1 thread busy after completing
Date: 22 Feb 2007 09:02:20
Message: <45dda26c$1@news.povray.org>
After successfully completing a render using +p on the command line, 1
CPU remains busy until a key is pressed. This happens on an AMD 64 X2,
with Fedora Core 6 x86_64.

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 22 Feb 2007 09:56:02
Message: <45ddaf02$1@news.povray.org>
> After successfully completing a render using +p on the command line

	Thanks for the report.  We already know there are issues with the +p
option, esp. when pausing between each frame of an animation.  This seems
not specific to the x86_64 version.

1
> CPU remains busy until a key is pressed.

	Do you mean povray is running at 100% on one of the two cores?

	- NC

Post a reply to this message

>> 1 CPU remains busy until a key is pressed.
>
>     Do you mean povray is running at 100% on one of the two cores?

   Yes, it seems so, as the cpu monitor indicates 50% usage (it shows
100% when the two cores are busy rendering). With 3.6 and +p, when the
render finishes it shows 0% (50% while rendering).

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

> After successfully completing a render using +p on the command line, 1
> CPU remains busy until a key is pressed.

	I believe this is now fixed for the next beta.

	- NC