POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage
Date: 30 May 2006 00:43:44
Message: <447bcd80@news.povray.org>
Yes, yes, that is the message I get if I try to render the same 6400x4800
pixels render a second time, without closing and launching again POV-Ray, at
first.

It looks to me that the memory is not set free after a large render, and
therefore the remaining parts in a computer's RAM may prevent the new render
with the same high settings.

However, reducing the render size to a sall one, rendering or at least
starting, seems to free the memory of the computer and I can render again
with high settings.

POV-Ray beta 13
Dual Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06 GH
1.25 GB DDR RAM @ 333 MH
Windows XP Media Edition

Greetings,

Sven

PS: Might be I posted the same problem already for beta 12a.

PS: Sometimes, long warnings at the bottom of Windows POV-Ray are visible
only partially, the rest is truncated.
I use a 1600x1200 pixels screen resolution.