POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Error Report: Negative Percentual Progress Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:41 EDT (-0400)
  Error Report: Negative Percentual Progress (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Error Report: Negative Percentual Progress
Date: 11 May 2006 10:00:36
Message: <44634384@news.povray.org>
Hi!

The current beta 12a version renders a quite complex scene since around 3
days (which is normal, despite that my PC is very fast; the scene is truly
very complex).

Today I looked to the progress of the rendering, but rather than the
expected 80% (or around that) I saw to my surprise a value of "-62%" which
immediately increased my consumption of Blue Mountain coffee. However,
despite the wrong value, POV-Ray continues the render properly and the
render itslef does not contain any errors.

I had those negative progress stages some more time, some time ago. But it
seems, it is just the value which goes the wrong way, everything else was
always okay.

Greetings,

Sven