POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : stalling when light_source in union(?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  stalling when light_source in union(?) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bob H
Subject: stalling when light_source in union(?)
Date: 31 Mar 2006 19:29:25
Message: <442dc965$1@news.povray.org>
I can't verify this yet but I found a scene file of mine won't render and
just stalls out at the start of a render as the timer continues.

When I comment out some lights it renders as it should, so I attempted to
recreate the problem in a very simplified way by putting a light within a
two nested unions, like the problem scene file has. That renders okay, so
I'm not able to explain this possible problem any further. I thought it
might be a good idea to post here about it anyhow if someone else encounters
this kind of stalling or freezing of the render process.

Another side effect of this is that the toolbar buttons grey out after
interrupting the render and don't return until closing then restarting.

beta 12a on XP

Post a reply to this message