POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Pattern alignment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Pattern alignment (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Pattern alignment
Date: 19 Feb 2006 19:11:44
Message: <43f90940$1@news.povray.org>
Just FYI, this scene:

#version 3.6;

background { colour rgb 0.5 }

camera
{
  location  <0.0, 2.0, -5.0>
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
  right     x*image_width/image_height
}

plane
{
  y, -1
  pigment { checker color rgb 1 color rgb 0 scale <1000, 1, 1> }
  finish { ambient 0.75 }
}

will render differently in 3.7 vs 3.6, however I don't consider this to be a
bug (at least not in 3.7). You may come across this issue with other patterns
in real scenes if they are scaled severely (like the above).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> will render differently in 3.7 vs 3.6, however I don't consider this to be
> bug (at least not in 3.7). You may come across this issue with other
patterns
> in real scenes if they are scaled severely (like the above).

I assume this is related to the fact that the checker/cells patterns were
internally translated by -.001 or something like that to avoid ugliness
issues on unit-aligned planar surfaces. Out of curiosity, how was this
changed without bring the problem back?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message