POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Apparent AA error Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:49:06 EDT (-0400)
  Apparent AA error (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Chambers
Subject: Apparent AA error
Date: 9 Feb 2006 19:39:24
Message: <43ebe0bc@news.povray.org>
This scene
---
camera {
	location <20,50,-20>
	look_at <0,-5,20>
}

plane {
	y,0
	pigment {checker color rgb 2, color rgb y}
	scale 40
	translate -y*20
}

light_source {
	<0,0,30> color rgb 1
}
---
when rendered with AA 0.1, AA depth 1, and sampling method 2, artifacts
are displayed near the borders between white and green.

The problem is that some "thread blocks" have a noticeably different
brightness than the neighboring blocks.  I actually noticed this on a
much more complex scene, and reduced it to this sample.

Increasing the depth or threshold will reduce and eventually eliminate
these errors.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message