POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 9: Cancel render causing error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  beta 9: Cancel render causing error (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: beta 9: Cancel render causing error
Date: 15 Sep 2005 04:47:18
Message: <43293516$1@news.povray.org>
Found the bounce.pov/bounce.ini sample animation is now fixed, rendering all
500 frames as it should. Thanks for figuring that one out!

Figured I'd go ahead and begin a new message thread concerning this other
error, told of very recently from beta 8 and now in 9:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: (path to beta executable)
R6025 -pure virtual function call.

Except that I realized something else is going on here, it isn't just about
animations. The error can occur when double-clicking the Run/Stop button or
pressing Alt+G twice quickly regardless of this being a series of frames or
a only single image. Difference being... (that I see) with the single
renders it must be a quick double Run/Stop to produce the error. Typical
cancel is okay AFAIK.

Maybe something that would be useful to add here is that I get the following
message window text:

Fatal error in parser: User cancelled operation.

which is shown for a few moments while the error box appears and then the
message window continues to update and cancelled sound plays. Saying OK to
the error then closes POV. If the error message is not closed out then POV
can still be used.
It was apparently like this with the beta 8 but I neglected to be as
thorough in telling about it.

I tried using -d command to prevent the render window from showing since I
suspected that might possibly be something wrong. No change. Likewise -f
for no file output, and also both these together.

Another thing tried, /THREADS 1, same outcome.

3.7.0.beta.9.icl8.win32
XP HE SP2

Post a reply to this message