POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash in VMWare Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Crash in VMWare (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bonsai
Subject: Crash in VMWare
Date: 3 May 2005 05:08:59
Message: <42773fab$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm sitting on a Suse Linux Workstation and I'm running Windows 2000
under VMWare. POV-Ray 3.7 beta 3 crashes while rendering the bitmaps of
the include menu. I was able to track it down to the coords key word in
the facets pattern.

This is a minimal scene for reproducing:

//--[BEGIN]--//
light_source {
     <0, 5, 0>
     color rgb 1
}

plane {
   y, -1
   pigment { color rgb 1 }
   normal {
         facets 0.5
	//--> uncomment to crash POV-Ray
         //coords -1.5
         scale 3
       }
}
//--[END]--//

My configuration:
Hardware:
Athlon XP 3200+
1 GB RAM (256 MB reserved for VMWare)

Software:
Suse Linux 9.2 (Kernel 2.6.5-7.111
VMWare 4.5.2
   running Windows 2000 SP 4
   POV-Ray 3.7 beta 3

So long,

Bonsai

--
<--------------------------->
    ___ __ __  _ ___ ___  _
   | _ )  \  \( )  _) _ )( )
   | _ \() |\ \ |\ \/ _ \| |
   |___/__/_)\__)___)/ \_)_)

        www.b0n541.net

Post a reply to this message

> I'm sitting on a Suse Linux Workstation and I'm running Windows 2000
> under VMWare. POV-Ray 3.7 beta 3 crashes while rendering the bitmaps of
> the include menu. I was able to track it down to the coords key word in
> the facets pattern.

Thanks for the report, this has been fixed.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message