POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Issue when launching exe Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Issue when launching exe (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Slime
Subject: Issue when launching exe
Date: 18 Apr 2005 17:05:12
Message: <42642108$1@news.povray.org>
I downloaded beta 2 and put pvengine.exe (renamed to pvengine3.7beta.exe) in
my 3.6/bin directory and ran it. I get the message "Editor DLL
initialization failed [LoadLibrary failed, code is 0000007e]", followed by
"See the 'Internal Editor Reference' section in the help file". Then POV-Ray
launches but the editor doesn't work; there are missing options under the
File/Edit menus, so I can't create a new file or anything.

I looked in the help file and couldn't find the section referenced, and I
didn't see any mention of this on the download page or in Chris's messages.
For now I can probably render with +I, but am I doing something wrong here?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message