POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7b1: Area Lights: Unusual Artifacts Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  3.7b1: Area Lights: Unusual Artifacts (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: 3.7b1: Area Lights: Unusual Artifacts
Date: 18 Apr 2005 09:42:11
Message: <4263b933$1@news.povray.org>
When rendering scenes that contain area lights, I've noticed they tend
to have very unusual artifacts, Just take a look at any of the area
light demos to see what I mean.

--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!

Post a reply to this message

From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: 3.7b1: Area Lights: Unusual Artifacts
Date: 18 Apr 2005 09:45:45
Message: <4263ba09$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> When rendering scenes that contain area lights, I've noticed they tend
> to have very unusual artifacts, Just take a look at any of the area
> light demos to see what I mean.

Do you mean things like triangles?

I just noticed something similar.  I have a series of spheres and there were
triangle-shaped artifacts in the shadows.  I'll see if I can make a reduced
test-case.

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au

Post a reply to this message

> I just noticed something similar.  I have a series of spheres and there were
> triangle-shaped artifacts in the shadows.  I'll see if I can make a reduced
> test-case.

They aren't usually triangles.  Please check if they start at some block
border.  If so, please also supply the image size you used together with the
scene as it could be essential to quickly reproduce the problem.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

Sorry... Image was rendered @640x480/no AA.

--