POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : included file in use bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  included file in use bug (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: N Shomber
Subject: included file in use bug
Date: 16 Aug 2004 03:36:34
Message: <41206402@news.povray.org>
During some of my work toward PovComp, using POV-Ray 3.6.0.icl8.win32, I
have started creating my own .pov include files to make my scene easier to
read and debug.  During the process however, if an error occurs in one of
the included files, POV-Ray will stop parsing and present the file at the
error.  I can then fix the error, but POV-Ray cannot save my main scene file
because it is still in use.  As a workaround, I select all, copy, close
Pov-Ray, start Pov-Ray and paste over the entire file.

This would be really nice if fixed soon.

WinXP Pro SP1

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message

> During some of my work toward PovComp, using POV-Ray 3.6.0.icl8.win32, I
> have started creating my own .pov include files to make my scene easier to
> read and debug.  During the process however, if an error occurs in one of
> the included files, POV-Ray will stop parsing and present the file at the
> error.  I can then fix the error, but POV-Ray cannot save my main scene
file
> because it is still in use.  As a workaround, I select all, copy, close
> Pov-Ray, start Pov-Ray and paste over the entire file.

POV-Ray 3.6.1 (very recently released) included a bug fix for some sort of
file saving issue. You should check if that solves it.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message