POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : WinPov and Rerun dialog Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  WinPov and Rerun dialog (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: StephenS
Subject: WinPov and Rerun dialog
Date: 16 Mar 2004 13:29:36
Message: <40574790@news.povray.org>
Render one or more scenes.

If I select the Rerun dialog,
  Rerun icon, or
  Render/Rerun/Rerun Dialog.
The rerun dialog window is empty of files, select cancel. The next file I
render WinPov stops with error:
PVENGINE caused a general protection fault in KRNL386.EXE at 0002:00005c48.
Restarting WinPov will give the same error on any file I try to render.
Restarting Windows will solve the problem until I try the Rerun dialog
again.

WinPov 3.6b2
Win98se 512mb Duron 1g Hz

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> The rerun dialog window is empty of files, select cancel. The next file I
> render WinPov stops with error:
> PVENGINE caused a general protection fault in KRNL386.EXE at 0002:00005c48.
> Restarting WinPov will give the same error on any file I try to render.
> Restarting Windows will solve the problem until I try the Rerun dialog
> again.

I can't reproduce that here.

If it still happens with the next beta please advise me and I'll look into it some
more.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > The rerun dialog window is empty of files, select cancel. The next file
> > render WinPov stops with error:
> > PVENGINE caused a general protection fault in KRNL386.EXE at
0002:00005c48.
> > Restarting WinPov will give the same error on any file I try to render.
> > Restarting Windows will solve the problem until I try the Rerun dialog
> > again.
>
> I can't reproduce that here.
>
> If it still happens with the next beta please advise me and I'll look into
it some more.

WinPov no longer stops with error.
Thinking back on what I was testing, all scenes probably had messages. It
may be related to what Francois Labreque reported.

WinPov3.6b3 still does not show any files in the Rerun Dialog.
I did not test this with WinPov3.6b1 and I no longer have it on my harddisk.
WinPov3.5 shows files on my system.

WinPov 3.6.beta.3.icl8.win32
Win98se 512mb AMD Duron 1gHz

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> WinPov3.6b3 still does not show any files in the Rerun Dialog

yup, I haven't re-implemented this code yet. it's coming in the
next beta.

-- Chris