POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : segmentation fault with param.inc Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  segmentation fault with param.inc (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: segmentation fault with param.inc
Date: 22 Jun 2002 10:46:36
Message: <3d148dcb@news.povray.org>
RC6, Linux 2.4.10, SuSE 7.3, 128MB, P3 600

Rendering of the following scene causes a segmentation fault:

// BEGIN
#include "param.inc"

#declare Fx = function(U,V){sin(U)*cos(V)}
#declare Fy = function(U,V){cos(U)}
#declare Fz = function(U,V){sin(U)*sin(V)}

#declare Umin= 0;
#declare Umax= 2*pi;
#declare Vmin= 0;
#declare Vmax= 2*pi;

#declare Iter_U= 5;
#declare Iter_V= 5;

Parametric()
// END

Output:

// BEGIN
Parsing....
 Calculating 36 vertices for 50 triangles

Segmentation fault
// END

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reproduce this error without Ingo's
param.inc, which can be found at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/18291/
--
Felix Wiemann

Post a reply to this message

> RC6, Linux 2.4.10, SuSE 7.3, 128MB, P3 600
>
> Rendering of the following scene causes a segmentation fault:
>
> // BEGIN
> #include "param.inc"
>
> #declare Fx = function(U,V){sin(U)*cos(V)}
>
> Segmentation fault
> // END

I had a similar problem just now.
Before, for the builtin functions, the functions.inc did
not have to be included. This seems to be a MUST now.
To segfault in this case is a bug of course. But now,
that I found a workarround I am happy.

Patrick

Post a reply to this message