POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : mouse click not 'finished' Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  mouse click not 'finished' (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Marc M  Adkins
Subject: mouse click not 'finished'
Date: 12 Jun 2002 19:13:15
Message: <3d07d58b@news.povray.org>
This is a minor thing, but it's survived from RC5 to RC6 (that I know of)
and it's moderately annoying due to the way I've been working lately.

I'm working on Windows 2000.

If you edit a file that is currently displayed in the GUI (or, in my case,
generate it from a tool), when you select the GUI again a message box comes
up and asks if the file should be reloaded.  If you click on one of the
buttons while the cursor is over the editing window -- note that the cursor
is over the message box which is over the editing window -- when the message
box goes away a chunk of code is often selected in the editor, indicating
(?) that the mouse click hasn't been eaten properly.  Or something like
that.  It's trivial but annoying to click again in the editing window to
make the selection go away.

Other behavior:  if you move the message box somewhere before clicking so
that the mouse isn't actually over the editing window then the behavior
doesn't happen.  And just now I managed to accidentally get the resize area
at the bottom of the GUI window, so when the message box went away I was in
windowshade mode (the resize area at the bottom was attached to my cursor)
with the mouse button _not_ depressed, so that the window was rolling up and
down as I moved the mouse.  Required another mouse click.  The latter has
only happened once and I'm not able to duplicate it.

I doubt anyone is going to notice if this doesn't get fixed, and it's
probably only happening on Windows anyway.

Marc M. Adkins

Post a reply to this message