POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : odd message rendering with 3.5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  odd message rendering with 3.5 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: PeterC
Subject: odd message rendering with 3.5
Date: 2 Jun 2002 14:00:49
Message: <3cf2723b.4100591@localhost>
This is not a bug ... this is not a problem ...
I'm just curious about a message I got in the render
window today (that I never noticed before):

 SSE2 detected - using SSE2 optimizations

What is SSE2?

I did a search in the help file on SSE2 and that
turned up nothing.  I'm running the current "RC"
version of v3.5.

Pete
--
btw, my Pet### [at] nymaliasnet e-mail no longer works.
Try  ikdhw001 at sneakemail period com

Post a reply to this message

> This is not a bug ... this is not a problem ...
> I'm just curious about a message I got in the render
> window today (that I never noticed before):

You have a Pentium 4 or compatible processor and POV-Ray will run faster on
it.  Search for SSE2 in google and pick the first link to find out more.

BTW, your computer date is wrong.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 02 Jun 2002 20:58:26 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>You have a Pentium 4 or compatible processor and POV-Ray will run faster on
>it.  Search for SSE2 in google and pick the first link to find out more.

Oh!  Duhh.  Thanks!  :)

>BTW, your computer date is wrong.

I use an off-line newsreader.

Pete
--
New email.  No longer Pet### [at] nymaliasnet ... now
it is ikd### [at] sneakemailcom

Post a reply to this message