POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Global lights, shadowless, etc. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Global lights, shadowless, etc. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: TinCanMan
Subject: Global lights, shadowless, etc.
Date: 27 May 2002 09:03:06
Message: <3cf22e8a$1@news.povray.org>
W2000, p4 1GHz, 256 Mb
WinPOV 3.5 RC 5

While trying to find a workaround for reflected shadow problem, I came
across this anomaly with light groups, AFAICT it should not be expected to
function as the appended scene.

light group 1 has a light and box with the box having no image, i.e only
seen in the mirror
light group 2 has a similar light and box  with the light being shadowless
and the box having no reflection, i.e. they are only seen in real, not the
mirror.  when the sphere is added to this light group, it casts no shadow on
the box as expected, but in the mirror it casts a shadow on the reflected
box which, i think, it shouldn't. Am I missing something here?

-tgq

//start
camera{
  up y
  right x*image_width/image_height
  angle 45
  location <-1000,1000,-1000>
  look_at  0
}

background {rgb <0,0,1>}

#macro L1  ()
  0
  rgb 1
  translate <-300,1000,1000>
#end

box{<0,0,-800><10,400,800>
  pigment{rgb 1}
  finish{ reflection{1 0}diffuse 0}
}

light_group {
  light_source{L1()}
  box{<-1000,-10,-1000><1000,0,1000> pigment{rgb 1} no_image}
}

light_group {
  light_source{L1() shadowless}
  box{<-1000,-10,-1000><1000,0,1000> pigment{rgb 1} no_reflection}
  sphere{y*100 100  pigment{rgb <1,0,0>} translate -x*400 no_reflection}
}
//end

Post a reply to this message