POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [linux] ~/.povrayrc Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:21 EDT (-0400)
  [linux] ~/.povrayrc (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: [linux] ~/.povrayrc
Date: 20 May 2002 14:10:25
Message: <3ce93c11@news.povray.org>
RC5, SuSE Linux 7.3, 128MB, P3 600
An empty .povrayrc in home directory causes POV-Ray to render a 100x100
image without displaying it on screen.
--
Felix Wiemann

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: [linux] ~/.povrayrc
Date: 20 May 2002 14:45:40
Message: <3ce94454$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3ce93c11@news.povray.org> , Felix Wiemann <Fel### [at] gmxnet>
wrote:

> RC5, SuSE Linux 7.3, 128MB, P3 600
> An empty .povrayrc in home directory causes POV-Ray to render a 100x100
> image without displaying it on screen.

So what?  If you specify not appropriate settings what is supposed to happen?
POV-Ray to guess which image size and display you want when you don't tell it?

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

>> An empty .povrayrc in home directory causes POV-Ray to render a 100x100
>> image without displaying it on screen.
>
> So what?  If you specify not appropriate settings what is supposed to
> happen? POV-Ray to guess which image size and display you want when you
> don't tell it?

Use the values in povray.ini?
--
Felix Wiemann