POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Split_Unions bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Split_Unions bug (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ari-Matti Leppanen
Subject: Split_Unions bug
Date: 11 Apr 2002 16:35:27
Message: <3cb5f38f$1@news.povray.org>
Ooops.. Just read what I had writen a few days ago and I was saying pretty
stupid things there. Lets try again..

Setting Split_Unions = off or using -SU gives a warning "Warning: Bounded
CSG union split." and the union is bounded with a box. If you add
Remove_Bounds = off or -UR with -SU the result is the same. In 3.1g the
union is bounded correctly with the cylinder.

+UR -SU gives the same warning, although there shouldn't be any manually
bounded unions to split. Works like this also in 3.1g, but should it?

// Test scene
// -MB1 -UR -SU
// -MB1 +UR
camera {location -5*z}
light_source { <1, 1, -5> color 1 }

union {
  box { -1, 1 pigment { rgb <1,0,0> } }
  sphere { y, 1 pigment { rgb <0,1,0> } }
  bounded_by { cylinder { -y, 2*y, sqrt(2)} }
}
// EOS

POV3.5.b16.icl, Athlon, 512Mb, WinXP

Ari-Matti

Post a reply to this message

"Ari-Matti Leppanen" <ari### [at] ThisShouldBeRemovedtutfi>
wrote in message news:3cb5f38f$1@news.povray.org...

: Setting Split_Unions = off or using -SU gives a warning "Warning:
Bounded
: CSG union split." :

: POV3.5.b16.icl, Athlon, 512Mb, WinXP
: