POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Povray crash involving light_sources, light_group and media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Povray crash involving light_sources, light_group and media (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Povray crash involving light_sources, light_group and media
Date: 11 Apr 2002 14:03:52
Message: <3cb5d008$1@news.povray.org>
The following code crashes on exit (of when I tried to abort the render).
Removing one of the light sources or the media prevents the crash.
WinNT SP6 b16 intel compile

G.

light_source{-x*1000 rgb 1}
light_source{x*1000 rgb 1 }
light_group{
    light_source{y*1000 rgb 0.5}
    sphere{0,1 hollow texture{pigment{rgbft 1}}
        interior{media{emission 0.5}}
    }
    translate z*10
    global_lights on
}

--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

> The following code crashes on exit (of when I tried to abort the render).
> Removing one of the light sources or the media prevents the crash.
> WinNT SP6 b16 intel compile

Thanks, this will be fixed in the next beta.

As far as a workaround is concerned, it might work with three or more global
light sources.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde