POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Sphere_Sweep Error Message Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere_Sweep Error Message (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Kevin R
Subject: Sphere_Sweep Error Message
Date: 17 Mar 2002 16:14:59
Message: <3c950753@news.povray.org>
I don't know how concerned you are about error message text, but you might
like to know that this code

sphere_sweep {
    cubic_spline   // or b_spline
    2,                  // minimum for cubic_ and b_ is 4 -- here's the
error
    <0,0,0>, 2
    <1,1,1>, 0.5
}

gives the error "Attempt to malloc zero size file block", which isn't real
helpful.  Maybe something about "Incorrect number of spline points", or
somesuch, if the error-trapping code can distinguish it.  It isn't a big
deal, since it didn't cause POV to crash or anything.

Btw, I've enjoyed playing around with 3.5... the ability to enter command
line switches without calling up a dialog box is nice!

- Kevin R.