POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Fog + transmit / filter shadow bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Fog + transmit / filter shadow bug (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rune
Subject: Fog + transmit / filter shadow bug
Date: 15 Feb 2002 06:49:19
Message: <3c6cf5bf@news.povray.org>
In the scene below the sphere has a shadow even though it has transmit set
to 1. This only happens when there is fog in the scene. It also happens when
filter is used instead of transmit. It happens no matter if the sphere is
hollow or not.

Version 3.5.beta.11.icl.win32

Can anybody confirm?

camera {location <0,5,-40> look_at 5*y angle 30}
background {rgb <0.4,0.6,0.8>}
fog {distance 200 color rgb 1}
light_source {1000*y, color 1.3}
plane {y, 0 pigment {color rgb 1}}
sphere {5*y, 4 hollow pigment {rgb 1 transmit 1}}

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)