POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : freeze Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  freeze (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John R
Subject: freeze
Date: 23 Jan 2002 18:47:04
Message: <3c4f4b78$1@news.povray.org>
when i render scenes with lots of objects my computer just freezes.  the
only solution is to turn off the power.  this seems to only happen if there
are several thousand or more objects or if there is a lot of filtering and
reflection.  its almost like when it has to work on a pixel too long it just
gives up.

i am using a 750mhz AMD athlon on win 98.  320mb ram.

Post a reply to this message