POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [linux] Rendering without display on the console. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  [linux] Rendering without display on the console. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: [linux] Rendering without display on the console.
Date: 11 Jan 2002 10:53:36
Message: <3c3f0a80@news.povray.org>
Hi:

  First, many thanks Mark! Your beta distribution tgz worked finely here,
and the first tests traced without any problem. But when I tried at night
to let it rendering without X, from the console, I got the following error,
even with -d in the command line:

svgalib: Configuration file 'etc/vga/vgalib.confing' not found.
svgalib: Assuming Microsoft mouse.
svgalib: Assuming low end SVGA/8514 monitor (35.5 KHz).
svgalib: Cannot get I/O permissions.

  Let me know if I forgot to mention something or you want any more info.

--
Beta 9 running on AMD 1.2Ghz, 512MB RAM, Linux R.H.7.2, XFree 3.3.6.
--

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message

>   Let me know if I forgot to mention something or you want any more info.

What was the user id ? (root or not ?)
Shouldn't it be "+D" to disable the display ?

--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/

Date: 11 Jan 2002 11:17:20
Message: <9u3u3uolqv7gp8l006aggl7uauj7fftl2r@4ax.com>
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:16:43 +0100, "J. Grimbert"
<jer### [at] atosorigincom> wrote:
> Shouldn't it be "+D" to disable the display ?

"-D" ?

(5.2.2.2.1)

ABX

Post a reply to this message