POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : can't redefine identifier Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  can't redefine identifier (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
Subject: can't redefine identifier
Date: 3 Jan 2002 10:11:07
Message: <tis83ugh1kcc22h5o6is9qpkv61pjgunc0@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 9 on PII 233 128 MB with NT 4 Sp 6

I'm surprised below doesn't work:

#declare C=function{x+y+z};
#declare C=10;
#declare C=function{x+y+z};
Parse Error: Attempted to redefine float identifier as function_id.

#declare C=function{x+y+z};
#declare C=array[10];
#declare C=function{x+y+z};
Parse Error: Attempted to redefine array identifier as function_id.

#declare C=function{x+y+z};
#declare C="S";
#declare C=function{x+y+z};
Parse Error: Attempted to redefine string identifier as function_id.

but below works fine

#declare C=function{x+y+z};
#declare C=function{x};
#declare C=function{x+y+z};

Is it temporary workaround of some bug or final solution? If final then there
isn't any note about it in documentation.

ABX

Post a reply to this message