POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Context menu 'open' option doesn't Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Context menu 'open' option doesn't (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Coridon Henshaw
Subject: Context menu 'open' option doesn't
Date: 17 Dec 2001 19:07:20
Message: <Xns917AC2854AAD3CoridonHenshaw@204.213.191.226>
I've found a bug in the beta 8 Windows GUI.  The 'open' option on the
context menu won't open files which are specified with a path, nor will it
traverse the library_path to find files in include directories other than
the one created by the Pov installation.

To test for the first portion of this bug, create an inc file and #include
it with its fully-qualified name (e.g. "C:\temp\whatever.inc") in a pov
scene.  Right click on the filename portion of the #include directive and
pick the 'open' option from the context menu.

To test for the second portion of this bug, add a directory to Pov's
library paths, place an include file there, #include the file, and attempt
to use the context menu's open option.

In testing, beta 8's behavior was identical on both Win ME and Win2K.

Post a reply to this message