POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 8 images bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  beta 8 images bug (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: PeterC
Subject: beta 8 images bug
Date: 6 Dec 2001 21:16:59
Message: <3c1024fa.10278981@localhost>
Just discovered what has to be a new bug in beta 8 of 3.5.
It appears to be related to use of bitmap pigments in functions.
To illustrate the effect, there is a short .pov script in
povray.text.scene-files, posted under the subject "beta 8 image
bug".
        I'm running povray on Windows 2000 and on Windows ME with
the bug manifesting on both platforms.
        The first time I rendered the script, povray rendered fine.
From this I conclude that I was using valid pov syntax.  I then
attempted to render it again and this resulted in a crash with
the following dialog test:

  The instruction at 0x00436468" referenced memory at "0x00070007"
  The memory could not be "read"
  Click OK to terminate the program
  Click CANCEL to debug the program

        After crashing out, I immediately ran povray again and
attempted to render again (this being the third try).  This
time, parsing finished, and the picture began to render to the
render window.  After one or two lines were rendered, povray
stopped rendering with the message "Rendering Error: warp type 44
not yet implemented.  Returning from renderer with error status".
        Immediately trying to render again caused the crash as
in the second attempt.
	Again, this happens on both Windows ME and Windows 2000.

Can anyone run that .pov script and confirm?  Thank you.

        In addition to the above, beta 8 appears to sporadically
(randomly and not very often) crash on use of a image_map as an
"old style" (not in a function) pigment.  I can't get this to
repeat on demand so I did not post any code.  I only mention
it because it might be related.

Pete

Post a reply to this message

Yep, it's known about.  Problem with functions.  Can read more on it from
earlier here.  At least this looks like the same type problem to me.
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}