POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Request for confirmation about isosurface problems Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Request for confirmation about isosurface problems (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Warp
Subject: Request for confirmation about isosurface problems
Date: 1 Dec 2001 17:16:59
Message: <3c0956db@news.povray.org>
I have been experiencing strange and erratic problems with isosurfaces
in beta 8, in both the Windows and Unix versions. The symptoms include
POV-Ray crasing, going into an infinite loop or getting just black images
(when there should be a visible isosurface). The symptoms are really strange
and erratic because different people seem to get different problems with the
same code (or no problems at all!).
  Please test isosurfaces with beta8 and forward a report to this article
if you find any kind of problem.
  For starters, test with this simple scene at different resolutions (eg.
320x240, 512x384 and so on), with and without antialiasing, with and without
display, etc. If you get a problem, also test uncommenting the first line
to see if the problem disappears.

//#declare foo=function{0}  // probable workaround for problems

camera { location -z*5 look_at 0 angle 35 }
light_source { <100,200,-300>, 1 }

isosurface
{ function { x^2+y^2+z^2-1 }
  contained_by { sphere { 0,1 } }
  pigment { rgb x }
}

--
#macro N(D,I)#if(I<6)cylinder{M()#local D[I]=div(D[I],104);M().5,2pigment{
rgb M()}}N(D,(D[I]>99?I:I+1))#end#end#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I

Post a reply to this message