POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Negative Highlights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Negative Highlights (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Vampyrium
Subject: Negative Highlights
Date: 29 Nov 2001 23:36:41
Message: <3c070cd9@news.povray.org>
-Hail

  Not sure if this post will be appreciated here but since I have been
thinking about this for a while now here it is. I have considered how lights
can have negative values and though that the phong and specular commands
could also use negative values. This would help produce complicated effects
like velvet and such with the new layered textures. Currently negative
values have no effect.

Post a reply to this message

> the phong and specular commands could also use negative
> values. This would help produce complicated effects like
> velvet and such with the new layered textures.

I too would like this change, but as it's a feature request we can't expect
it implemented in POV-Ray 3.5.

BTW, it's currently possible to get negative highlights using a special and
slightly clumsy method. Have a look at my fur texture:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/goodies/goodies.html

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)