POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Splash Screen Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Splash Screen (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Tom Galvin
Subject: Splash Screen
Date: 19 Nov 2001 16:33:46
Message: <3bf97aba@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to supress the splash screen in the windows 3.5 beta version?

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Splash Screen
Date: 19 Nov 2001 17:24:54
Message: <3bf986b6@news.povray.org>
In article <3bf97aba@news.povray.org> , "Tom Galvin"
<tom### [at] nospamdataforgecom> wrote:

> Is there a way to supress the splash screen in the windows 3.5 beta version?

No, it isn't allowed by the license to disable the copyright messages of
POV-Ray.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Galvin
Date: 23 Nov 2001 18:07:05
Message: <3bfed699@news.povray.org>
> > Is there a way to supress the splash screen in the windows 3.5 beta
version?

> No, it isn't allowed by the license to disable the copyright messages of
> POV-Ray.
>
>     Thorsten

I am not looking to disable the copyright, it is also in the messages window
of the IDE.  I just don't want the splash screen popping up every time when
I run pov in the background from an external batch file.  I guess from your
answer, it is not possible with 3.5.  I will wait to see if I can make the
request for 4.0 to have the option.

Thanks for the quick reply
Tom

Post a reply to this message