POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] description of internal functions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] description of internal functions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: [doc] description of internal functions
Date: 11 Nov 2001 11:25:40
Message: <3beea684@news.povray.org>
I didn't find any mathematical description of the pov-internal functions,
neither in doc, nor in functions.inc, nor in i_internal.pov ...

I think this should at least go into the doc, so one can look at these
formulas to figure them out ...

I mean, it's nice to know, that there's f_devils_curve_2d() with 8 params,
but I dunno how it works ...
Yes... there is a description of the parameters in the doc, but often I'd
like to look at the formula myself, to figure it out, or moreoften to compare
my own functions with them, when trying to achieve a special effect, and
dunno how to....

Of course, I could try to look around somewhere, try to find a math-book
where these "common" functions are described, but I think it wouldn't harm,
if there would be somewhere
(maybe in doc, maybe in functions.inc) the formula of the internal functions
(maybe in SDL-code)

Is this considered a feature request ?

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>