POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : max_trace_level problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  max_trace_level problem (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Kevin Loney
Subject: max_trace_level problem
Date: 10 Nov 2001 14:48:49
Message: <3bed84a1$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this is known yet, but I'm working with a scene and I set
max trace level to 512 in global_settings, evertime I run the scene it
crashes, occasionally It gives me an error message other times it just
exits. I tried it with both compiles of beta 7, same thing. I'll post the
scene files in p.b-t.b

thanks

--
Kevin
http://www.geocities.com/qsquared_1999/

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not sure if this is known yet, but I'm working with a scene and I set
> max trace level to 512 in global_settings, evertime I run the scene it
> crashes, occasionally It gives me an error message other times it just
> exits. I tried it with both compiles of beta 7, same thing. I'll post the
> scene files in p.b-t.b

Use a lower max_trace_level.  If the crash goes away, no need to post a
scene.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> > I'm not sure if this is known yet, but I'm working with a scene and I set
> > max trace level to 512 in global_settings, evertime I run the scene it
> > crashes, occasionally It gives me an error message other times it just
> > exits. I tried it with both compiles of beta 7, same thing. I'll post the
> > scene files in p.b-t.b
>
> Use a lower max_trace_level.  If the crash goes away, no need to post a
> scene.

Would the crash be related to the use of high max_trace_levels and the
"stack overflow error" mentioned in the docs under max_trace_level ?

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message