POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Mac] underscore in Find string hangs beta 6 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  [Mac] underscore in Find string hangs beta 6 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Stéphane Nicolet
Subject: [Mac] underscore in Find string hangs beta 6
Date: 28 Oct 2001 02:11:32
Message: <1f1zdc6.1lutgskv3mmu4N%Stephane.Nicolet@ens.fr>
Performa 6400 with Sonnet Crescendo G3 Card
RAM : 80Mb, 14Mb allocated to PovRay
System 9.1 (french)
CarbonLib 1.3.1
POV-Ray Mac 3.5 beta 6

Try this :
- Launch POV-Ray
- Open any file with the editor
- Open the "Find" window (command-F)
- Type any string containing an underscore in the
  "Find" field (for instance "look_at", or even "_")
- Hit the "Find" button

=> POV-Ray hangs the Mac. The only way out is to reboot
   the computer.

Hope this helps,
Stephane.

Post a reply to this message

> - Type any string containing an underscore in the
>   "Find" field (for instance "look_at", or even "_")
> - Hit the "Find" button
>
> => POV-Ray hangs the Mac. The only way out is to reboot
>    the computer.

Thank you for pointing this out.   I cannot promise it will be fixed in time
for beta 7, but I will try.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde