POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : intermittent animation error Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  intermittent animation error (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: intermittent animation error
Date: 22 Oct 2001 04:23:26
Message: <3bd3d77e@news.povray.org>
I'm getting a minor intermittent error when animating an iso. under win95/beta6.

Basically, around frame 26, somtimes the message window clears, and no further
output is written to it. The render window also dissapears and won't reappear
(no change in the show/hide button). However, output is not affected.

Is this a known problem, or should I post some code? The complexity of the
iso-function doesn't seem a particular issue - I've reproduced it with (y). -
and for all I know it can occur with any animation, isos or otherwise. Memory
doesn't seem to be the issue.

--
#macro G(D,E,F)#local I=array[3]{D,E,F}#local B=0;triangle{#while(
B<3)#while(I[B])A[mod(I[B],10)]+#local I[B]=div(I[B],10);#end<-5,-

Post a reply to this message

>I'm getting a minor intermittent error when animating an iso. under win95/beta6.
>
>Basically, around frame 26, somtimes the message window clears, and no further
>output is written to it. The render window also dissapears and won't reappear
>(no change in the show/hide button). However, output is not affected.
>
>Is this a known problem, or should I post some code? The complexity of the
>iso-function doesn't seem a particular issue - I've reproduced it with (y). -
>and for all I know it can occur with any animation, isos or otherwise. Memory
>doesn't seem to be the issue.

I wonder if this could possibly be due to the same thing that caused

From: "Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede>
Subject: [Bug] Output of too many evaluations cause strange behavior
http://news.povray.org/3bc215b3@news.povray.org

It looks like too much output to the message pane causes the pane to
clear and other strange behaviour. It's as if the program doesn't notice
that it's filled the space allocated for the text for that pane, and is
scribbling over the next chunk of memory.

Did you, by any chance, have an "evaluate" statement in your animation?
Marc-Hendrik's non-animated scene had 150 "evaluate"s in it, which
caused a large amount of message output.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote in message
news:f0P### [at] econymdemoncouk...

> Did you, by any chance, have an "evaluate" statement in your animation?
> Marc-Hendrik's non-animated scene had 150 "evaluate"s in it, which
> caused a large amount of message output.

Hmm, possibly - IIRC I took it out for the actual anim. run, but I'll have to
check when I get home....