POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Blackhole warp bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Blackhole warp bug? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Blackhole warp bug?
Date: 20 Oct 2001 09:23:12
Message: <3bd17ac0@news.povray.org>
I am not currently testing version 3.5beta (lack of time unfortunately!),
but I have the following question:

By chance, I discovered that the blackhole warp (especially if you change
the default parameters) results in a system crash (Windows ME) or a program
crash (Windows NT) when used in MegaPOV 07. It does not happen in MegaPOV
06.

I notified Nathan Kopp who asked me if this was also the case in the POV-Ray
3.5beta.

So please, if this could be tested, I am sure Nathan and the POV-Ray team
would be very interested to know.

Best wishes,

Thomas de Groot

Post a reply to this message

> I am not currently testing version 3.5beta (lack of time unfortunately!),
> but I have the following question:
>
> By chance, I discovered that the blackhole warp (especially if you change
> the default parameters) results in a system crash (Windows ME) or a program
> crash (Windows NT) when used in MegaPOV 07. It does not happen in MegaPOV
> 06.

That's a known bug of megapov 0.7.  AFAIK it only occurs if you use
turbulence in the balck_hole warp.  It's fixed in PovMan 0.71.4 and does
not occur in Povray 3.5 beta.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

That answers it all, doesn't it? Just shows I have not used the blackhole so
often  ;-}

Thomas