POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash on beginning of render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  crash on beginning of render (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Kevin Loney
Subject: crash on beginning of render
Date: 21 Oct 2001 17:17:44
Message: <3bd33b78$1@news.povray.org>
I've tried this on two machines, one running win98, the other running win2k
sp2. on both machines povwin crashed right when I pressed run. This hasn't
occured with anyother scene files I've tried to render. The 98machine gave
me an illegal operation and the 2k machine gives an error stating "The
exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occured in the application
at location 0x0046bd9b"

#include "rand.inc"

camera {
    location <0, 10, -10>
    look_at <0, 0, 0>
}

light_source {
    <1500, 750, -500> color 3
}

#macro woodFloor( boardWidth, boardThickness, minLength, maxLength,
topRight, bottomLeft, floorSeed, floorTexture )
    #declare floorBoard = object {
        box {
            <-1, 0, -.5>, <1, 1, .5>
            scale <boardWidth, boardThickness, 1>
            translate <-boardWidth / 2, -boardThickness, -.5>
        }
    }

    union {
        #local i = floorSeed;
        #local step = ( topRight.x - bottomLeft.x ) / boardWidth;
        #local maxTotal = topRight.z - bottomLeft.z;
        #local start = topRight.x;
        #while( start < bottomLeft.x )
            #local lengthTotal = 0;
            #while( lengthTotal < maxTotal )
                #local zScale = RRand( seed(1), minLength, maxLength );
                object {
                    floorBoard
                    #if( lengthTotal + zScale <= maxTotal )
                        scale <1, 1, zScale>
                    #else
                        scale <1, 1, maxTotal - lengthTotal>
                    #end
                    texture {
                        floorTexture
                        translate VRand_In_Box( <-50, -50, -50>, <50, 50,
50>, seed( i ) )
                    }
                    translate start * x
                    translate -lengthTotal * z
                }
                #local lengthTotal = lengthTotal + zScale;
            #end
            #local i = (i + 1) + floorSeed;
            #local start = start + step;
        #end
    }
#end

#declare myTexture = texture {
    pigment {
        wrinkles
        color_map {
            [0 color .75]
            [0 color 1]
        }
    }
}

object {
    woodFloor( 1, .25, 4, 7, <-15, 0, -15>, <15, 0, 15>, 123456, myTexture )
}

--
Kevin
http://www.geocities.com/qsquared_1999/