POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Doc bug: Eval_pigment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Doc bug: Eval_pigment (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ze!nPsycho
Subject: Doc bug: Eval_pigment
Date: 19 Oct 2001 01:07:24
Message: <3bcfc468.46714610@news.povray.org>
Povray Beta 6
Document bug
In section 7.7.3

it says this:

eval_pigment(Vect, Pigm), This macro evaluates the color of a pigment
at a specific point. .......

while in functions.inc we have:

#macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
    #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
    #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
    result
#end

Notice that in the doc it says vector first, then pigment

but the macro expects pigment, then vector.

This threw me off when I tried it out.  took me a few minutes to
realize that I had the parameters in the wrong order, thanks to the
doc.

Other than that, I've been having a wonderful time with this beta.
Keep up the good work