POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug in the installler [Win] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in the installler [Win] (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Subject: Bug in the installler [Win]
Date: 14 Oct 2001 12:10:43
Message: <3bc9b903@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.5b6 (and previous) Win98SE, PIII733, 160MB

If installed on the root of a drive, re-installing adds an extra backslash.
E.g. "d:\\POV-Ray for Windows 3.5" instead of "d:\POV-Ray for Windows 3.5".
The installer then fails since it cannot find that directory.

Michael
--
#declare R=<8,4,.6>/3;#declare C=function{pattern{object{text{ttf"crystal.ttf"
"MDJ"1,0translate-R/4}}}}camera{location-z*30}box{-R,R pigment{rgbf 1}interior

Post a reply to this message

"Redbeard (MDJohnson)" <red### [at] wvadelphianet> wrote in message
> POV-Ray 3.5b6 (and previous) Win98SE, PIII733, 160MB
>
> If installed on the root of a drive, re-installing adds an extra backslash.
> E.g. "d:\\POV-Ray for Windows 3.5" instead of "d:\POV-Ray for Windows 3.5".
> The installer then fails since it cannot find that directory.

I can't replicate this problem. Are you sure you didn't accidentally type in an
extra '\' ? (it gets the alternate path from you, not from the registry).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message