POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : error when trying to render untitled file Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  error when trying to render untitled file (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stefan Smith
Subject: error when trying to render untitled file
Date: 10 Oct 2001 14:21:59
Message: <3bc491c7@news.povray.org>
version 3.5.beta .6.icl.win32
Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 866Mhz

To reproduce, create a new file, insert an standard scene into it and
without saving click the run button to start a render. Render will terminate
with error "Could not find 'OBJECT.POV'."

If the file is saved before rendering error does not occur.

Post a reply to this message

> To reproduce, create a new file, insert an standard scene into it and
> without saving click the run button to start a render. Render will terminate
> with error "Could not find 'OBJECT.POV'."
>
> If the file is saved before rendering error does not occur.

You can only render a file, not an editor content.

'OBJECT.POV' is simply the default input file name if none is specified.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>