POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : spiral2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  spiral2 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Trevor Quayle
Subject: spiral2
Date: 5 Oct 2001 14:36:34
Message: <3bbdfdb2@news.povray.org>
This isn't really a bug, and I think this has always been like this, but it
seems to me that spiral2 doesn't operate as described:

"The spiral2 pattern creates a double spiral that winds around the z-axis
similar to spiral1 except that it has two overlapping spirals which twist in
opposite directions. "

When looking at the pattern it seems to be rather a mix of spiral 1 and
radial.  One set of arms spiralling, and the other set radiating.

-tqg

sample code:

---start---

camera {location  z*4 look_at 0}