POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media, and Lightgroups Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Media, and Lightgroups (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Matt
Subject: Media, and Lightgroups
Date: 1 Oct 2001 02:54:12
Message: <3bb81314@news.povray.org>
Is media surported under lightgroups? I've found that if I create a sphere
filled with media and attach a light to it via a light group the light is
ignored.  In the following example I have a light group with a blue light,
and ball of media, and a standard sphere. The media ball ignores the blue
light, however the shandard sphere dosn't.  Is this a bug, or just a
limitation of how light groups work?

///Example of light groups working
///Displays a smoke ball lit by 1 red global light, but not the local blue
light in its light_group
///however ball beside it is lit proberly
camera {
    location    <0, +2.1, 15> look_at     <0.0, 0, 1>}

///strong red global light
light_source {
  <20, -40, 100>
  color rgb <3, 0, 0>
}

/*
///same light as in group, but uncomment this and it will work
light_source {
        <20, +40, 100>
        color rgb <0, 0.1, 1>*4  ///<---- set this as bright as you want, it
seems to ignore the light
    }
*/

///my light group
light_group

    ///simple blue light for ball only
    light_source {
        <20, +40, 100>
        color rgb <0, 0.1, 1>*4  ///<---- set this as bright as you want, it
seems to ignore the light
    }
    ///simple ball
    sphere { -4,4 pigment {rgb <0.1,0.1,0.1>} finish {ambient 0.1 diffuse
0.6}
    }
    ///smoke ball
    sphere { 0,4 pigment {rgbf 1} finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0}
    interior

        media {
            method 2
            emission .05