POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Suggesting "specularless" lights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Suggesting "specularless" lights (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Roy Schulz
Subject: Suggesting "specularless" lights
Date: 30 Sep 2001 17:26:46
Message: <3bb78e16@news.povray.org>
Like "shadowless" lights it would be nice to have "specularless" lights for
use as fill lights.

Roy

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Suggesting "specularless" lights
Date: 30 Sep 2001 17:51:13
Message: <3bb793d1@news.povray.org>
In article <3bb78e16@news.povray.org> , "Roy Schulz" <roy### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> Like "shadowless" lights it would be nice to have "specularless" lights for
> use as fill lights.

The time is past for feature requests.  Please read the initial message in
this group:

> [...]
> feature you were wanting added didn't make it into the program
> but the POV-Team had a lot of decisions to make and the feature
> list is locked at this time. Complaining will waste your time
> and ours.
>
>   Try to keep the off topic chatter down to an absolute minimum.
> The POV-Team will be reading the messages in this groups and
> need to be able to identify potential problems with the program
> with a minimum of reading time. Please take off topic discussions
> to another group.
>

> Bug Reports
> -----------
>
>   Before posting a bug report please read or re-read the POV-Ray
> documentation for the feature you are having problems with. Also,
> please try to keep up with all of the bug report messages posted
> to this group. We would like to keep duplicate bug reports down
> to a minimum to avoid wasting our time and yours.
>
>   Do not expect a reply from the POV-Team. They will be busy reading
> the daily postings and working on whatever verified bugs they see
> reported. There were many people involved in the alpha and pre-beta
> testing rounds and they will be active in this group. If you have
> a question, or a possible bug report, they will likely be the ones
> who will answer your post and help verify that it is an actual bug
> or not.
>

> ***The minimum information to include in your bug report is:
>
> - The version number of POV-Ray you are using, such as v3.5 beta 1,
> v3.5 beta 2, etc. Each beta version will expire at a preset time
> and when it does you will have to upload the next version as it
> becomes available.
>
> - Your operating system. It is surprising how many people fail to
> provide this basic piece of information. We need to know what
> version of Windows, Mac, etc. you are running. This will aid in
> discovering whether it is platform-dependent, and hopefully will
> also uncover some work-arounds and a possible bugfix in the
> subsequent discussion from those who are familiar with the POV-Ray
> source code.
>
> - Your computer; what processor and how much memory.
>
> E.g. POV-Ray for Windows v3.5b1, Windows 98, AMD Athlon 950, 256 megs SDRam
>
> - A complete description of the problem and what led up to it. Please
> include any error messages that POV-Ray or your OS reports when the bug
> manifests itself.  It will make it a lot easier to track down if you
> can include a scene file that will cause the problem. Please remove
> non-essential parts until you have the minimum scene file that will
> reproduce the problem (but do include your camera and light source!).
> We prefer that you copy and paste your example scene into the body of
> your message rather than attaching it.
>

> Thank you for your help in ensuring that the final release of
> POV-Ray v3.5 will be bugfree and ready for the public.
>

> Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group Member

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 30 Sep 2001 19:09:45
Message: <3bb7a639@news.povray.org>
: The time is past for feature requests.

  Besides, it would be more logical with the syntax "specular on/off".

--
#macro N(D,I)#if(I<6)cylinder{M()#local D[I]=div(D[I],104);M().5,2pigment{
rgb M()}}N(D,(D[I]>99?I:I+1))#end#end#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I

Post a reply to this message